Yoav M Cohen
Interim CEO, CFO, COO, Turnaround
Whether my role is CFO/CEO, Interim CFO, Strategic Consultant, Business Advisor or Board Member, my passion is to resolve challenges others may view as insurmountable, with creative problem-solving and the highest degree of ethical behavior and integrity.
I am an innovative negotiator and dealmaker, a proven business partner with CEOs and Boards of Directors, and successful in shaping strategy and improving operations. From a financial perspective, I have proven success in driving growth and bottom-line results to increase business value.
My broad experience uncovering and implementing unique and workable solutions for challenging business situations includes global public and private, Fortune 500, mid-size, and start-up companies in a wide range of industries, such as Hi-Tech, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Manufacturing & Distribution, and other services.
With over 25 years experience in CFO, COO & CEO positions, I also enjoy serving on Boards and Audit Committees of small-cap public companies. As a Board member, I provide guidance and strategic oversight to management, ensuring that Best Practices of Corporate Governance are followed, while providing critical transparency to shareholders.
SELECT INTERIM EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Startup, Early Stage, Late Stage Venture Funded, Private Equity Backed, Turnaround/Distressed, Public, Private, Family Owned, Bankruptcy
CFO & Acting COO, Medical Device Public Company
Increased manufacturing productivity (up 224% in 5 months) and restructured the balance-sheet, allowing for fast growth on an improved financial and operational infrastructure; Analyzed operations of 2 factories and created improved efficiencies and reduced cost (savings of $800K); Sold a product line that allowed the Company to develop a new product line.
CFO / Turnaround, Public Telecom Company
Directed successful turnaround from $4.5M loss, to $2M and 2.8M profit in following 2 years; Reviewed product line and eliminated losing products; Restructured Accounting Dept. and accelerated the monthly closing from 17 days to 5 days; Implemented new IT system, improving efficiency and management reports.
Workouts & Liquidation
For an Asset Based Lender – liquidated the assets of 2 companies, with 100% of its outstanding debt paid in full. Also, successfully sold the assets of a debtor company within a week, before the company was forced to shut down due to lack of cash.
CEO – Plastic Wood Manufacturer
Raised $750K in order to keep to company going, while negotiating new terms for existing senior debt of $1.5 M; Analyzed COGS, eliminated unprofitable projects, increased prices and created a focused action plan to increase sales; Negotiated new terms with existing suppliers that cooperated or switched to new suppliers; Reviewed all expenses, eliminating unneeded expenses and reducing other; Sold company to a global competitor.
Analyze each client company’s operations, setting up Key Performance Indicators, tracking relevant metrics, enabling senior management to monitor and address business trends in real-time.
• Led 10 start-up investments & private placements from evaluation to closing, totaling $38M
• Acquired office suite provider, resulting in 75% increase in revenues and 390% increase in EDITBA
• Successfully restructured a public company to better reflect its segment reporting to the SEC, while transitioning accounting staff from MA to NY
• CFO/Interim CFO of public companies in the telecom, manufacturing, technology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, and medical insurance industries.
• Stark Office Suites, a fast growing premium office space & virtual office solutions
• Baruch College, NY, Mentor & Member of the Executive on Campus Advisory Committee
• As CFO, actively participated in board meetings of 5 public companies
• Chairman – inci.com – a public document management company
• MBA – Finance, CUNY – Baruch College
• BBA – Economics & Finance, CUNY – Baruch College
• Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor, Pepperdine University
• Accredited Executive Associate, Institute of Independent Business
Years Executive Experience: (25)
Years as an Interim Exec: (12)
Company Size: ($1M-$200M)
• Due Diligence
• Strategic Planning (Including Business Plans)
• SEC, GAAP, SOX
• Financial and Operational Review
• Building a Management Team
• Board Advisory
• Corporate Governance
• Joint Ventures
• Budget, Cost & Internal Controls
• Business Valuation
• Debt and Refinancing
• Financial Analysis
• Investment Advisory
• Turnaround: Crisis Management, Distress, Liquidation
• Process Improvement
• Pricing Strategies
• Sales Forecasting
• M&A – Fundraising/Company Sale/Acquisition Integration
• Turnaround & Workouts
• Consumer Products
• Medical Devices
• Medical Insurance
• Asset Based Lenders
• Business/Professional Services