Writer & Digital Project Manager
Location: Chicago, IL (remote is also an option)
To Apply: email [email protected] with:
1) cover letter: tell us why you are a great fit and feel free to send along some of your past projects, blog posts, videos or anything else that makes you you;
2) your resume; and
3) on your email subject line write this exactly: “Pick me, your search is over.”
We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded, extraordinary writer and project manager who knows and loves everything digital and is looking forward to getting their feet wet in an expanding company. You will be responsible for managing and creating content, digital projects, and advertising campaigns to drive business and build awareness around the brand.
When companies have big challenges – an executive suddenly leaves, wants to expand into new markets or is trying to combat declining revenues – they call us, InterimExecs. We then deploy members of our team of rock star executives to help. But how do companies find us when problem comes knocking at their door? That’s where you come in.
Your job is to make sure our web presence and searchability is out of this world. You will manage a range of digital projects from implementing an SEO strategy and publishing new content to dreaming up new web pages and overseeing developers to make vision come to life. Your job is to make sure we are found and to get the message out through online advertising, chatting up bloggers and journalists worldwide, or whatever other creative means of disseminating information we or you dream up.
One thing for sure is this position does not fit neatly in a box. You will have the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and get experience in different areas of the business. We are big believers that if you don’t know something, that is completely OK, but we are looking for someone who is wired to find a way to figure it out whether researching or finding the right people to ask. If you are a self-starter, creative, resourceful and collaborative you may just be a fit for our company.
A few other items on our wish list…
- History writing captivating content
- Professionalism to interact with executives, company owners, and board members to interview them on a range of topics
- An ability to oversee projects end-to-end from scoping project requirements, to preparing a budget, developing a plan and monitoring results
- Well versed with the word SEO and have experience designing web pages, content and campaigns to create measurable results
- An eye for design. Overseeing developers, you will have to create a vision of what we want to portray on a page, which means creativity and savvy design sense is key.
- Icing on the cake:
- Familiarity with content management systems and HTML/CSS and google analytics and understanding of A/B testing
- Solid technical background with an ability to lead and oversee efforts to troubleshoot everything from compatibility to server issues
- 2-3 years experience in the digital world
If you fit the bill we’d love to hear from you, or rather, see how you envision being a part of an entrepreneurial company. Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (and feel free to send along some of your past projects, blog posts, videos or anything else that makes you you).
Specifically, here’s what we want to see: 1) cover letter: tell us why you are so good at what you seek; 2) your resume; and 3) on your email subject line write this exactly: “Pick me, your search is over.”