Interim CEO, CTO, CIO, COO
Held CIO, CTO and COO executive roles in software products, outsourcing, managed services, hosting and consulting managing $126 million consulting organizations and IT operations for client companies ranging from $2 to $160 billion.
24 yrs – IT strategy, technology, architecture, software, infrastructure and IT ops globally.
26 yrs – mobile, web, ecommerce, grid computing and consumer apps engineering and ops management.
20 yrs – project, program and portfolio management activities.
26 yrs – custom engineering, ERP consulting and advisory at IBM, PWC, CSC and Oracle.
21 yrs – pre-M&A and divestiture, post-deal disentanglement and post-deal integration.
24 yrs – IT networking, desktop, communications, security and capacity planning.
24 yrs – managed services, outsourcing, SaaS, hosting, off-shoring and shared services.
18 yrs – finance, accounting and supply chain process design and ops management.
Extensive delivery and management of highly engineered systems and processes. Manage decisions and activities as a C-level manager and facilitate C-level manager decisions. Experience volunteering ownership of operational problems. Consistency in meeting commitments to internal and external customers.
SELECT INTERIM EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Startup, Early Stage, Turnaround/Distressed, Fortune 500, Public, Private, Family Owned
Interim CIO and CTO, Fiske Financial Corporation
Led creation and managed operation of web and mobile SaaS, eCommerce, CRM platform for consumers and partners scaling from $30 million to over $2.1 billion in mortgage revenue.
• Developed the IT strategy, governance structure, enterprise architecture, ITIL support processes, program management office and other operational areas of the IT organizations.
• Established the base M&A IT infrastructure platform and merged 21 companies into this core platform.
• Established IT off-shore center for application development, management and support.
• Reduced IT spend from 4.6% of revenue down to 2.6% of revenue with further reductions planned.
Interim Sr. Director, Oracle Advanced Technologies
Contracted to revitalize the Western U.S. operations, which had declined over two years. Met recovery objectives in eighteen months. Managed consulting operation, leveraging Oracle advanced technologies products.
• Managed $125 million P&L with 720 staff across North America and 600 staff in off-shore centers
• Led advanced technology development and integration services for data warehousing, business intelligence, workflow, e-commerce, web portals, mobility and ERP
• Led commercialization of eight products originally developed as consulting deliverables
Interim COO, Syclo LLC (Acquired by SAP AG)
Contracted to revitalize / turn around small software company that sold products for mobile asset management, asset maintenance, and inspections (safety, environmental, quality). Increase revenue 130% in 15 months. Assessed all parts of the operation.
• Completed numerous post-M&A and post-divestiture integration programs
• Groundup development of an entire IT, hosting and professional services organization
• Managed IT, software product and professional services in small, medium and large organizations
• Have turned around large failing projects and programs run by tier 1 consulting firms
• Have grown service revenue from $2 million to over $65 million in 17 months and booked $600 million in revenue during the same time.
•Zoduna Corporation, Startup manufacturer of mobile software products
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
• Numerous courses on process engineering, enterprise architecture, ITIL, security, Six Sigma
• Software Engineering Professional, IBM Corporation (2 Year Program)
• Bachelors of Science, Accounting, Brigham Young University, Provo
• Associates, General Studies, Brigham Young University, Idaho
Years Executive Experience: (17)
# of Interim Roles: (3)
# of Board Roles: (1)
Company Size: ($5.1M-$10B)
• Building a Management Team
• Corporate Negotiation
• Corporate Governance
• Joint Ventures
• International Business
• Budget, Cost & Internal Controls
• Business Valuation
• Turnaround: Distress
• Offshore Development
• Sales Forecasting
• Process Improvement
• Acquisition Integration
• Partner Programs
• Pricing Strategies
• Advancing & Emerging Technologies
• Systems Integration & Infrastructure
• Staff Augmentation
• Team Development
• Technology Development
• Share Services Development
• High-Tech and Consumer Electronics
• Internet, eCommerce and Mobile
• Retail, Wholesale, Distribution & Logistics
• Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial & Metals
• Healthcare Payors and Providers
• Life Sciences, Medical Devices, & Pharmaceutical
• Banking, Real Estate and Insurance
• Management and IT Consulting
• Utilities, Energy, Chemical and Telecommunications
• Mortgages, Securities and Commodities